Monday, October 15, 2012

Caramel Peanut Butter Chip Brownies


Do you say "Kar-mul" or "Care-a-mel?" I say the latter. And I say it often. I just love caramel anything. It's my favorite flavor, if you will. So when Leslie, The Hungry Housewife, made some super-simple and oh-so-tasty caramel stuffed brownies, I had to get on that bandwagon.

These are incredibly easy to make. Just prepare a box mix (I used a family size Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge mix), pour half of it into the pan then arrange a layer of some sort of chocolate covered caramels. I used these:


Feel free to use any kind you want. These come wrapped individually. They make me feel a bit spoiled.


I prepared a  the brownie mix, poured half of the batter into a 9 x 9 pan and strategically placed the unwrapped candy.


I topped it with the remaining batter. Next, because I had some on hand, because they are fantastic with chocolate and most of all because I CAN, I topped the batter with some Reese's Peanut Butter Chips. I baked them according to package directions until they were set in the middle. 


Today one of my other favorite food bloggers, Kristan (Confessions of a Cookbook Queen) posted some Caramel Brownies that have a bit of a different approach but same end result.  Feel free to check our her recipe or Leslie's and decide which one appeals to you most. If you don't want a ton of caramel going on, use mine. If you like more, go with one of theirs. (The candies they used had a bit more caramel punch.)


Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, Facebook is a great in lots of ways. But lately they are getting weird. I have learned that most of you guys may not be seeing my posts since Facebook only allows a small percentage of you to see them in your news feed. If you want to be able to see anything I post on Facebook, follow the steps below to ensure it is displayed in your feed. 

1) Hover over the "LIKED" Button 
2) Click "Add to interest lists" otherwise you will only see a small percentage or none of my posts
3) Start an interest list, with my page and your other favorite pages as well. One of my lists is called "Favorite Food Blogs."

You can also subscribe to me by email or follow me on Twitter. 

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it’s just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your site. It seems like some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Cheers

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh, no!! Ya know, I had a problem with that when I was on a small computer screen at my parents' house. I use a wide screen monitor and it's not a problem. Let me look into the settings and see if I can change it. Thank you so much for reading!!!!!!