Thursday, February 9, 2012

For the Love of Pinterest

Petit Fours pinned to Cake Ideas


You've probably heard me mention Pinterest a few times. Heck, you have probably heard lots of people talking about it. You may have friends you haven't seen in months because they've been glued to their computer for days on end, zombie-eyed with disheveled hair.

It's the new crack.

It's the website equivalent of Justin Bieber.

It's bigger than Pajama Jeans. 

It's...okay, I'll stop. I could do this all day.

For those of you not familiar with Pinterest, it's a virtual bulletin board for all the wonderful internet finds you want to hang onto. Recipes. Crafts. Clothes. New products. Favorite websites. You name it. You find it on the internet, you can save it on Pinterest.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Mix pinned to Food Gifts

Anything found online that is of interest to you can be pinned onto boards in categories you create. (See how they did that? Interest + Pin = Pinterest! I absolutely love it!! I'm a cheap date. What can I say?)

Your friends can follow you and, in turn, you can follow others to see what fabulous things they come across.

It's great because you can access your Pinterest account from any computer with internet. Just log into Pinterest like you would Facebook and there are all your treasures! No more contemplating dinner saying, "What was that recipe I wanted to try?," only to realize it's saved in your bookmarks on your computer at WORK. (Yes, this has been me many, many times.) Now, you can pull up that recipe on your computer at home, your iPad or any mobile device.

It's also great because you organize your pins by naming the individual boards in your collection. (Ah, organization. Makes a girl happy.) A few of mine are, Cupcakes, Cooking Tips, Crafts for Kids, Books I want to Read, and Products I love.

Hulling Strawberries With a Straw pinned to Cooking Tips

I have been introduced to so many amazing cooking blogs as a result of Pinterest. I have tried lots of recipes and have a wishlist of baked goods I want to create and share here. I have a board for Cooking Tips and one for Cake Decorating tips that have both already saved me more than a few times. I have found beautiful decorating ideas, coloring pages for kids, uplifting quotes and more.

I could go on and on about all the reasons I love Pinterest. (Seriously. Call me. We'll talk for hours.)

Liquid Sidewalk Chalk pinned to Crafts for Kids

To join, you have to request an invitation. You can do this on the website but it takes a while to get a response. It's much quicker if it comes from a current member so feel free to email me and I will send you an invite.

Keep in mind, once you have an account you need to install the "Pin It" button to your browser. There are detailed and simple instructions on how to do this under the "About" tab.

If you want to follow my pins, just click the "Follow Me on Pinterest!" link above my profile picture to the right. I will "follow" you right back! Also, feel free to click to my "Pin It" button located at the bottom of each post if you want to share something or come back to it later!

Happy pinning!!

Pin It!

No comments: