Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy 100th, Oreo!


Did you know that Oreo cookies were invented in 1912? Me neither. Not until I came across the fun little gems in the grocery this weekend. 

Now, I can count on one hand the number of times I have bought Oreos in the past 5 years. See, Oreos and I have an understanding. If they insist on making their way into my home, I will insist on eating every single one. Sometimes within 2 days. (The shame.) So we agree that our relationship is too volatile for us to meet on a regular basis. 

But this weekend was an exception. I mean, how could I resist? BIRTHDAY CAKE OREO COOKIES? Come on. Could you say no?

I am happy to report, however, I have only had a couple. Most of them are still left. 

Apparently while letting me sleep in this morning, my husband let our daughter have one for breakfast. It was obvious when she came running up to me with outstretched arms shouting "Mama!" and her face looking as if she had been eating dirt. The control freak in me had to let that one go. Since it was her first one ever in life, I just looked at it as her Oreo right of passage.  

Happy Birthday Oreo!

Pin It!

No comments: