Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Devil's Food Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Buttercream icing should be taxed the same as cigarettes and alcohol, as it's full of lots of things that are not very good for you and it can be just as addictive.

But man, oh man, is it one of the best things in life.

That's why this go around I went with mini cupcakes. I get my sinfully good icing but in small doses. Then, if I eat three (or six) of these I don't feel like I have broken some sort of law. Plus, the tiny cupcakes make me feel like I'm a giant and that's always a good time.

The cake is just a  Devil's Food boxed mix. I wanted to focus more on my piping skills for this project than the cake baking so I made it easy on myself. The icing is a simple and delicious Vanilla Buttercream recipe I found on Cookies and Cups. You can check it out here. I used red and rose Wilton gel colors to get the icing bright pink.


Hope your Valentine's Day is full whatever your heart desires! For me, that would be take out and a night on the couch. I am a simple woman to please.

Pin It!

No comments: