Sunday, March 4, 2012

Go Make This Now!

I came across a video on You Tube of a woman making homemade non-stick baking "spray." It's a spread really, not a spray, but the idea is that it is supposed to replace baking sprays and work just as good as greasing and flouring your pans. 

I was pretty skeptical but I am here to tell you, I will NEVER grease and flour when baking again! This stuff is incredible! If that isn't enough, it is super cheap and easy to make and it lasts in your pantry indefinitely.

Here's the recipe:

With a hand mixer or blender, mix equal parts all-purpose flour, vegetable oil and vegetable shortening until smooth.

That's it!

I used my immersion/stick blender and it came out silky smooth. It has the consistency of sour cream.



To use, just spread inside the pan. In the video she uses a pastry brush, but I found that it left too thick of a coat. A little goes a long way.

Want to see how great it works?


This cake fell right out of the pan. Look how clean and smooth! Virtually crumb-free! And no more messy flour coating my beautifully baked caked.

I will never be caught baking without it!

Pin It!

No comments: