Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thin Mint Stuffed Brownies


I have mentioned the Oreo Stuffed Brownies several times. In fact, you are probably tired of me talking about them. I finally made them this weekend and I am here to tell you, they made time stand still. For a moment, I forgot my name. I finally knew what love was. I was complete. My mouth is watering as I type this.

Since my coworkers get to reap the benefits of the majority of my baking, I let Mr. Mac take that batch of treats to his work this time around. But only after we got our claws into them a good bit. They were a hit!

I still wanted to make something for my work buddies in honor of the upcoming St. Patrick's Holiday and it hit me that Thin Mints and green sprinkles could transform this brownie recipe into the ideal holiday delight.

I used the same recipe from Bridget at Bake at 350, but substituted the Thin Mints in place of the Oreos. Her brownie recipe ROCKS. Alone, without any cookies, it still packs a fudgy, chocolate punch that makes this girl melt. It will definitely be my go-to brownie recipe from now on. Bridget, you're my hero.

See the little Thin Mint treasures hiding in there? Ah, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Thin Mint Stuffed Brownies

1 cup dutch-process cocoa*
 1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
3 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
20-25 Thin Mints
1 tsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. water
sprinkles


1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 pan. I use the homemade non-stick spread for this.  

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, salt and baking soda.

3. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the sugar and cook until the mixture is hot, about 1-2 minutes. 

4. Remove from heat and stir in coca mixture until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Add the flour and stir until smooth. 

5. Pour half of the batter into your dish. Layer in the Thin Mints and drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls over the cookies. Spread gently with an offset spatula.

6. Bake about 25 minutes until done.

7. Mix corn syrup and water in a small bowl. After the brownies have cooled for about 10 minutes, apply the corn syrup mixture with a pastry brush, then apply sprinkles.

8. Make sure the brownies have completely cooled before cutting. To make the process even smoother, place them in the freezer for about a half an hour beforehand.

*Bridget suggested using dark cocoa. Hershey's makes a Special Dark cocoa, but my grocery store doesn't carry it. I am sure this recipe would be even more exceptional with it. If any of my local buddies find it, let me know!


Happy, early St. Patrick's day!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! My mouth is watering...think this could be the perfect pregnancy food for me right now :)

Mrs. Mac said...

Thank you! (They are pretty stinking awesome.)