Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter !


There's nothing quite like being elbow deep in icing and out of nowhere your nose starts itching. Good times. For some reason it happened to me about 4 times this morning while I was piping the nests onto these Eater inspired cupcakes. I could do nothing but keep decorating and force some happy thoughts.

The first tulips of spring....

The Big Bang Theory....

Kosmic Karma pizza from Mellow Mushroom....

Zac Efron...(yes, I could be his much older sister but you gotta admit, he's pretty.)

....what was I saying? Oh, yeah, cupcakes.


My friend Terri Jo pointed me in the direction of these cupcakes from some pictures she found online. Different versions of them are all over the internet so I didn't come up with the idea on my own. As The Hungry Housewife, Leslie Green, stated the other day, "No one invents anything these days." However, I did put my own touches to them and I am very happy with how they turned out. 


I made chocolate cupcakes and topped them with a layer of green icing. Using a grass tip, I piped chocolate icing in a circular motion building up around the edges to form the "walls" of the nest. I placed chocolate candy coated eggs in the nests and added a candy butterfly embellishment. 

They took a bit more time than the cupcakes I have done lately, but they were lots of fun and turned out super cute! Now, if only I can keep Baby Mac out of them until tomorrow...


A very Happy Easter to you and yours!!

Pin It!

4 comments:

The Peachy Gal said...

LOVE these! So cute!!!

The Peachy Gal said...

LOVE these! So cute!!!

Sew&sew said...

Fun and cute !!

Anonymous said...

These were so adorable and I was so glad I got to taste them. They were heaven's manna to this 9 month pregnant lady! Your pictures are so good too! Love it!!

Becca