Monday, May 14, 2012

Can't Do Without...


I love this gadget.

Seriously. Love it.

Remember when you were little and kids would say, "If you love it so much why don't you marry it?"

It's that kind of love.

This is the Oxo Good Grips Food Scale. I use so much more than I originally thought I would.

I initially bought it to measure precise portions for more accurate calorie counting, but it has since come in handy for tons of other jobs.

I buy meat in bulk so it's perfect for dividing it up before freezing. 

I buy butter for baking in 8 ounce blocks so when a recipe calls for two sticks I just weigh out 8 ounces. 

I use it for measuring flour and sugar when the recipe calls for an increment in weight rather than volume. 

I even use it when I am making burgers to make sure each one weighs exactly the same as the others for  more even cooking. 

In addition, I use it to measure out batter when I am making a layer cake. If all three cake pans have the same amount of batter, that means they are all baked to perfection at the same time AND they're all the same size.

I could go on all day listing the many jobs I have used it for. 

This gadget makes the perfectionist in me as giddy as a school girl.

And what's really great about this bad boy is...


...the display slides out for easy reading. That means if I am using a large bowl that sits too far over the display, I simply pull it into my view. And, when using a bowl or plate to measure your ingredients, you can zero out the scale so it doesn't count the weight of the dish. 

Pretty cool, huh?

I can say without hesitation this is one kitchen tool I can't do without!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*All opinions on "Can't Do Without" are 100% mine and are not influenced by outside sources. I feature products I have a legitimate love for and that have truly made my life easier!*


Pin It!

No comments: