Friday, May 25, 2012

Super Mario Brothers Cupcakes


I had so much fun making these cupcakes. This was my first experience with fondant and now that I have had a taste I can't wait to see what else I can do with it!

My friend Jessica mentioned that her son was having a Mario Brothers themed birthday so I made him cupcakes to match!. I LOVED Super Mario growing up. (Heck. Who didn't?) Needless to say, I had the theme song buzzing in my head most of the time I was making them.


I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. Using some blue and yellow Wilton fondant, I cut out some circles and stars.I used a food safe marker to draw on the eyes.


In addition, I made some flags out of images I printed from my computer.


I will post a tutorial on how to make these in the next week. They are so easy and add such a fun touch. Plus, as long as you can find the image, you can make a flag out of it!


And we can't forget Mario.


Donovan, I hope you have the best birthday ever!


Pin It!

No comments: