Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pecan Pie Muffins



I adore pecans. I always pick up a large bag of them when I visit Sam's because it's such a good deal and I know I will use them. My favorite way to eat them? Tossed with a dab of melted butter and roasted in the oven for about 10 minutes. Oh, holy crap. Roasting them enhances their flavor by leaps and bounds. If I need some for a recipe I make sure to roast some extra because it's a given that half of them will disappear. And not because I am the David Copperfield of the baking world.


I saw a recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins on Love Grows Wild yesterday and knew I had to make them for breakfast this morning. Now, lately I have been finding recipes online and getting super excited about them only to be let down with the end result. These? Incredible! They really do taste like a pecan pie in a muffin. They are so fantastic!


They are very simple to make and utterly delicious. The recipe makes 8 muffins, but I put less in each cup and stretched it out to 10 muffins so I could get each one under 200 calories. But, that really is useless if I am going to eat three during a photo shoot.


Click here for the recipe. You will not be sorry!

Pin It!

No comments: