Monday, January 30, 2012

We Were Meant to Be

I am having a hard time concentrating today and this is why:


Isn't it fabulous?! I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer but could never justify the cost. I mean, how much would I really use it? Before now, not much. But since I have decided to seriously learn more about baking and cake decorating, this gorgeous piece of machinery will  come in handy for all the practice in my future. I look at it as an investment, really.

This past weekend I visited a super fun kitchen store in Pigeon Forge and as I left the lady said, "Here is  a $10 off coupon and you can use it online." (Everything about that sentence was awesome. Coupon? Yay! Online? I LOVE online shopping. Amazon and their free shipping keeps me out of WalMart.) So last night, I checked out their site and found a selection of refurbished Kitchen Aid mixers for almost half the price of  brand new ones and in every color imaginable. When I came across the beauty above, I squealed like Ned Flanders. Not only is it reminiscent of a classic T-Bird, it is also the exact color of my kitchen walls. I have not been able to take my mind off her since. (Yes, I have decided she is a girl. Though I feel it only appropriate to wait and name her once she gets settled on my counter. As the great Phil Collins once sang, "you can't hurry love," folks.) 

So get ready, little lady. You just might be my birthday present from the hubby. Hope you like The Wiggles and three-legged Chihuahuas named Hank.
Pin It!

No comments: