Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ain't She a Bute?

Not a fan of the picture, but you get the idea.

Here she is. Johnny's birthday present to me. I couldn't be happier. She is even more glorious than I ever imagined and I don't just mean her looks. Yes, she matches my kitchen walls perfectly in pistachio green but, wow, does this mixer make my life so much easier. I was an old school hand mixer gal and I have officially been reformed.

Thursday night I made a sheet cake (more on how I corrected that mega fail later) and I was ecstatic that the batter could be mixing on its own while I cleaned up my work space. What the what?! (In my best Liz Lemon voice.) You mean all this time I could have been the queen of kitchen multitasking? No more standing there holding my hand mixer while grocery lists write themselves in my head. Never again will I  stretch over to stir something on the stove only to lean the mixer just a bit too far sideways spewing batter onto my cabinet doors. And being able to clean up while the mixing is being done for me? That just made my year. Look out, world. Efficiency has moved into my kitchen and she's here to stay. 
Pin It!

No comments: