Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is Here!

I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. A food photographer. 

I simply adore taking pictures of food. Especially when the food is as darling as these spring inspired cupcakes I made. 

These cupcakes make me happy! The plump swirl of yellow icing against the purple cake. The pastel colored sprinkles. I am still learning, so I was so excited at how pretty they turned out. 

If you stare too long you will suffer from cuteness overload. You have been warned.

I mean, seriously. I just want to pinch their little icing cheeks. 


Yes, I realize all of the pictures look pretty much the same but I am telling you, I could NOT stop clicking that shutter button. I wanted to get every possible angle as to not miss each cupcake's good side.


I think I ended up with about 50 shots in all. It was super hard to choose who made the cut for this post. Tears of disappointment were shed. Hopes were smashed. But at least they still have their looks.

And their taste. This buttercream icing is to DIE for. Really. You could die if you eat too much. It's all butter. But it's SO sinfully delicious.

These cupcakes have a lot going for them, that's for sure. The ones who did not get featured here will make it in the big time just fine.*


This little guy even stripped down to his bare cake for me. Naughty, I know. But it's all for the art.

Happy Spring! And Go Cats!

*I am sad to report that there were 24 cupcake casualties last night as the result of our friend Shannon's birthday. They were survived by a small amount of yellow buttercream in a pastry bag on my counter. May they rest in our stomachs.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks increadably yummy!
Terri