Saturday, March 24, 2012

Minnie Mouse Cupcakes

My friend Rebecca and I were both art majors in college so we had several classes together. I don't know what I would have done without her in my introductory sculpture class. Everyone dreaded that class (due mainly to the large block of plaster we had to carve) and having Rebecca there made it so much less intimidating. Plus, she's a wonderful sculptor so it was a bonus to get to see her creations. 

In 2009 we found ourselves not only in the the same class again, but simultaneously pregnant with just a few months between us. It was so wonderful to share the experience of our first pregnancies together! 

Her little Ally is celebrating her 2nd birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed party today and Rebecca asked if I would bake the cupcakes. When she sent me a picture of  what she wanted I couldn't say no. She found an idea for Minnie Mouse cupcakes online and they looked so adorable and very simple! We decided that since we were both super busy this week, I would bake and frost the cupcakes, she would take care of the gathering the embellishments and together we would assemble them. 


I bought cupcake papers at Michael's in red with white polka dots to mimic Minnie's dress. I tinted the cupcakes pink, just for fun, then piped on white icing using and open star tip. 


Rebecca made bows out of red fondant and bought some mini Oreos. She and Ally came over and while our girls ate a snack we put the finishing touches on the cupcakes. 


Voila! It's like a little Minnie Mouse is hiding behind the icing. Such an easy process with incredibly cute results.

Ally, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Pin It!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

they were a hit! You are amazing! thank you, thank you, thank you!

Joanna said...

They are the cutest little cupcakes ever!!