Thursday, March 22, 2012

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams

I love things dipped in chocolate. And just about ANYTHING can be dipped in chocolate. Chocolate covered bacon, anyone?  It's all the rage these days. It's next on my list of items to dip. Right after my daughter's chubby little legs and bite sized toes. They're just begging to be nibbled.

This past weekend we threw a baby shower for my sister. There was a candy table that included a cake and all sorts of fun treats such as some S'mores Pops that I made. They are the perfect go-to celebration treat. For anyone who might have missed the post on how to make them click here.


I was so happy with the results! I used paper straws (from Amazon) for the sticks and pink candy pearls (from Michael's) for the embellishments. 

My mom is not big marshmallow fan so for her I just spread peanut butter between the crackers. They were fabulous! Of course, peanut butter and chocolate go way back. Throwing the graham cracker in the mix makes them certifiably addictive.


Once a month, we have a birthday celebration at work. Everyone brings some sort of treat in honor of all of the birthdays for that month and we just graze all day long. There's sandwiches, sweets, dips, fruit and more. I don't even bring lunch on these days because with all that food, there's pretty much no point.

For this month's celebration, it hit me that I had all the ingredients to make the stick-less version of the peanut butter graham pops I made for my mom. Instead of using the large square graham crackers, I broke them in half and made smaller rectangle sandwiches, dipped them in chocolate and topped them with bright sprinkles.


They are so delicious for something so simple. If you want your peanut butter sweeter or not as sweet, just adjust the amount of sugar you add. This recipe has a lot of wiggle room. You can't mess it up.

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams

1/2 box graham crackers
1 tray of white melting chocolate/bark
1/2 C peanut butter
1/4 C confectioner's sugar
sprinkles

1. Break the graham crackers in half (or quarters, depending on how they are packaged) so that they are the smaller rectangle size.

2. Using a hand mixer, beat the peanut butter and sugar for a couple of minutes until it's smooth and a bit fluffy.

3. Spread the peanut butter mixture onto half of the crackers and top each one off with another cracker to form a sandwich.

4. Melt the chocolate according to the package. Dip the sandwiches and as you lay each one on wax paper top it with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. Allow about a half hour to set. 


Enjoy! But be careful. It's very hard to eat just one.

Pin It!

No comments: