Monday, June 18, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

So, a little while ago I mentioned that I won a gift card for Cooking.com and I was trying to decide whether I should be smart and get something I need or be fun and frivolous and get something I want. I decided on the latter and got something I have had my eye on for a couple of years but had forgotten about.


This is the Zoku Popsicle maker. It's pretty cool. You keep it in the freezer and pull it out when you are ready to make some pops. It makes 3 at one time and they freeze in 7-9 minutes. It comes with 6 sticks so you can make 3 more after the first round is done. I thought this would be great for Baby Mac.  I could make healthy concoctions right along with the sugary ones to balance things out!

People who know me know I am the most indecisive person on Earth. If I go into the grocery store without a list I am screwed because it will take me 20 minutes to decide what kind of peanut butter to buy.

I got the Popsicle maker this week and now I am not so sure about it. After reading the manual I realized you can't use some of the concoctions I planned to, such as ice cream mixes or pudding. They tend to not freeze well and the sticks just slip out. I also realized that if I make 3 pops and only one is eaten, what do I do with the other two? It's not really worth it to only mix up enough ingredients for one pop. This item would be fabulous for entertaining, but for my house with just myself, Baby Mac and Mr. Mac (who is not much of a sweets person) it may not be ideal.

Then, what really changed my mind was when I came across this item that I hadn't noticed before:


It's a Cuisinart 1.5 quart ice cream maker. I know I had mentioned the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment, but this is actually cheaper and easier to use. It just seems more practical and I think I will get more use out of it. I can still make healthy stuff like sorbet or even encourage my new vanilla bean habit by making some homemade ice cream. Plus, Mr. Mac does enjoy ice cream from time to time, so he would be more apt to enjoy this as opposed to the pop maker.

This weekend my mom made some banana ice cream that Baby Mac just fell head over heels for. That will be on my Ice Cream To-Do List for sure.

Yep. I think I have talked myself into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have recently come to the conclusion that I have way too many "irons in the fire." As much as I would love to dedicate a ton of time to this blog, I just can't. I have a toddler and husband who I want to spend as much time with as possible, plus I work full-time and have a few other commitments that take up any extra time I have. I am still going to post, but just not as frequently as I have been. Once or twice a week as a general rule, but if I have lots of baking projects come up at once it could be more on occasion.

I am so grateful for my readers and I will not leave you hanging! Be sure to like my page on Facebook, follow me on Twitter or even Pinterest. I will always have updates on any posts there. 

I will be back later this week with a super special birthday cake!

Pin It!

No comments: